Saturday, March 30, 2013

Teaching perspective inventory test and my interpretation

Blog Task.3

After I have  completed  my teaching perspective inventory test from the website mentioned  in my course work , I got almost good result, what I have expected  from the  five perspectives of teachings, which  are 1) Transmission, 2)Apprenticeship, 3) Developmental ,4) Nurturing, and  5) Social Reform . My overall score level key is moderately held! Any how I could not reveal my score directly. According to my result my total score of “Belief” and “Action” are even and Mu “Intention” score is very little different. So I believe that as a teacher I go in a systematical way to feed my students.

             As I agree effective teaching requires a substantial commitment to the content or subject matter. A teacher should be very perfect in his subject wise. A perfect teacher takes his students in a systematical approach in all his activities of teaching and learning process, and should give very clear object of the content or subject matter by leading them in correct way of subject area and asking questioning them in order to evaluate their achievements and give proper feedback, motivate them in the week area of the particular subject and setting them in high level achievement of the goal. Regarding the dimension “Transmission”  my score of intention is lower than Belief and Action’s score, but any how my Action is very high and it is enough, because everything can be justified after the action done, not only for intention.

            “Apprenticeship” on this perspective tool I have scored overlay higher than other perspective tools also my “Belief” and “Actions” are same but my “Intention” is differed by one mark low. So what I agree on this tool my level of “Apprenticeship” and “Transmission are even in both perspectives.

            The third perspective inventory is the “Developmental” it talks about teaching must be planned and conducted "from the learner's point of view." It totally related with development of the learners skill, ability of thinking, over come from problems, and challenges, and adapt their level and assist them on the right way of developmental. On this way the teacher should be well equipped. What I scored in this perspective is very different from other perspectives. I scored only 6 marks in my Belief, and Action and intention are even. So I have to improve actively in Belief.

 

          Nurturing is the forth perspective inventory of teaching, it is totally related to hard work , motivation, self confidence, trust, caring, challenging, self esteem and effort, a good teacher should be very closer with their students in all the way of teaching learning process take part. Especially a effective teacher should motivate his students when they fall on a issues or problems to overcome and resolve the problems, and should give efficient feedback on their achievements and summaries their work. In this dimension   my Belief is stronger than Intention and my Intention is stronger than my Action according to my result in this sector. So what I agree I have to increase my Action level as it is the final measurement of  outcome what teacher  is doing when he teach.   

          The last tool of perspective is Social Reform it talks totally about society which is important for the objective of the learning and teaching processes. I never think a without an individual change we can’t change our society, so a teacher can change a society, a teacher is a social reformer. On this task I have scored higher than other perspective also my Intention is higher than other Belief and Action, so agree that I have to develop my Belief and Action on this task.     

1 comment: